Roleplay may be either a non-sexual or an erotic sexual role-play (when it may also be called petplay, ponyplay, ponyism, kittenplay, or pup-play). In its erotic sexual role-play form, one or more of the participants takes on the role of a real or imaginary animal in character, including appropriate mannerisms and behavior, and sometimes a partner will act as another animal, or, in a sexual context, may take the role of rider, trainer, or caretaker (or even breeding partner).
How seriously this is taken depends on the people involved, and the scenario may be anywhere from simple and makeshift to detailed and elaborate, complete with costumes and a script. Nearly any role could become the base material for an erotic experience, and there is no limit to what objects an individual could consider sexual.
Many of the most common sexual roleplays involve a power differential and form part of the dominance and submission aspect of BDSM. Roles can be general designations of power positions, or very specific, detailed fantasies. Some people, such as those living the Gorean lifestyle make use of an entire imaginary world. The controlling player is often called the top or dominant while the controlled individual is called the bottom or submissive.
There are a number of scenarios which may be played out, including:
* Age-play - where one player takes the role of an adult and the other a child.
* Animal-play - where the bottom is treated as a non-human animal such as a dog or pony.
* Master-slave - where the submissive is treated as the property of the master/mistress.
* Torturer/Captive prisoner - where the top is a captor who abuses the bottom.
* Caught and punished - where the bottom is "caught" doing something wrong.
* Authority figure/Misbehaving Adult - where an authority figure threatens the bottom with exposure of a secret.
* Gender-play - where one or more players take on roles of the opposite sex.
* Goddess worship - where a woman is seen as a pagan deity.
* Hospital fantasies - involving doctors, nurses and patients.
* Uniform fetish - the female dresses as a submissive schoolgirl, cheerleader, French maid, waitress, and so forth, while the dominant male plays an authority figure (parent, teacher, coach, etc.).
* Rape fantasy or a ravishment where one player feigns being coerced into an unwelcome sex act.
* Owner/Inanimate object - such as the bottom being human furniture.
Sexologist Gloria Brame lists a number of these scenarios.
Toys Used During This Activity
Brought to you by BDSM-gear
Human Animal Role play